By using the Richmond Home Owners Association website portal (“Service”), all services of the Richmond Home Owners Association (“RHOA”), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
The RHOA reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While the RHOA prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that the RHOA cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must be a Richmond homeowner or resident/tenant living on the property and on the RHOA register. Homeowners are responsible for ensuring that RHOA office is advised of the full legal name of each homeowner, resident or tenant who should be allowed access.
- You must provide your full legal name, Lot number, a valid email address, phone number and any other information requested to complete the registration process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. Each homeowner, resident or tenant shall have their own login.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The RHOA cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You consent that the RHOA may send all other RHOA records electronically, unless those records are required by statute to be provided by mail (or other delivery), for example, notices relating to assessment increases, use of reserves and various collection and foreclosure notices applicable to each owner’s respective property.
- You agree to access and retain electronic communications from the RHOA. Communications sent to you via electronic means of communication are deemed received at the time they are sent.
- You may notify the RHOA at any time that you no longer agree to accept communications electronically. If you wish to withdraw your consent, send your request in writing to the RHOA and allow 30 days for the instruction to take effect. Thereafter paper communications will be delivered to the mailbox of the Lot number. The legal validity of prior electronic communications will not be affected if you withdraw your consent.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the RHOA has your current email address for purposes of receiving electronic communications. If your email address changes, please contact your RHOA. If you fail to notify of any change in your email address, you agree that the RHOA or management company may provide electronic communications to you at the email address provided by you and maintained in the RHOA or management company’s records.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with Jamaican copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- The RHOA does not pre-screen Content, but the RHOA and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is the intellectual property of the RHOA and the website developer. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from the RHOA.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You understand that the RHOA uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, the RHOA, or any other RHOA service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by the RHOA.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any RHOA customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- The RHOA does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the RHOA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the RHOA has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the RHOA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the RHOA and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and the RHOA (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to Admin@richmondhoajm.com